CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Am I Suppose To Be Happy Or Sad ??

Before I start my post today, I would like to

Mengumumkan ketibaan pingat perak Sukan Olimpik Beijing 2008 ke Malaysia!!

Ok, let's start the post today. Actually since last Friday, after Lee Chong Wei beat Lee Hynn Il of Korea in the semi-final, I have been thinking about tonight's match. I have been thinking about the chances of Malaysia winning her first ever gold medal in the Olympics since her birthday 51 years ago. i know that the chance is not really high as the Lin Dan has won over Lee Chong Wei more times and furthermore, I didn't forget that Lin is the world's No.1. However, I am still expecting something like in the recent Thomas Cup happens.

This is the first ever match that I have watched completely in this Beijing Olympic Games. I have been waiting in front of the TV since 8pm although I know the match will only began at 8.45pm. While waiting, I have watched the mixed double final. The medal presenting ceremony makes me start to imagine the moment when Negaraku will be sang. I told myself not be put such high hope but i just can't control myself.

Lin Dan walked into the court followed by Chong Wei. The whole stadium was filled with Lin Dan's supporter. The audience are majority Chinese. Still remember te way they have shouted for Lin Dan. At that point of time, I recalled the semi-final match last Friday between the two Lees. In that match, everyone is shouting for Chong Wei. What a big difference!! Anyway, i still can hear the Malaysia Boleh!! and the 李宗伟, 加油!! shout. But those motivative shout were much softer than those for Lin Dan. Myabe because there are not much Malaysian in the stadium and they are not sitting together.

The match started and Lin Dan scored the first point. The second point was scored after that. Only after a while that the Malaysia only hope for a Olympic gold medal this time broke the egg. The first game is not one that is pleasent to recall. It ended with a shocking 21-12 score, LIn Dan won. After that, actually I know, The hope for Malaysia to win her first Olympic gold medal is really really slim now. But I am still hoping for something to happen.

If the first match is said to be unpleasent to recall, the second match can be described as disaster. Until now, I still cannot forget the moment when the score is 8-0 favouring the world No.1. After that, Lee scored his first point. Still can remember the momemnt he is shaking his head. It is obvious that he was so under pressure that he cannot play his best tonight. The match ended with the score 21-8. Lin Dan won and the hope for a gold medal fopr Lee has gone.

His disspointment and unhappiness was clearly shown during the medal presentation ceremony. His smile is obviouly not from his heart and the reason is clear. In the press conference after the match, Cloe, the reporter from Astro interviewed him and according to her, Lee almost cried. He has missed the chance to sing Negaraku in Beijing, to let the national flag to be the highest among the three flags flown and the pride to be the first Malaysian to win an Olympic gold medal.

To Lee Chong Wei, I know it is not your will for this to happen. I know you want that gold medal as well. You have done what you can tonight. If you have done your best, you have actually won. Please do not be too sad. Malaysia still needs you. 加油!!

0 comments: