CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 11, 2008

Mixed Feelings For Malaysia Olympians

When I was reading the news about the great performance of our archry team in Beijing two days ago, what I was thinking was that 'hei, we have a chance in getting at least a medal'. The comment given by a reporter of a local newspaper today even said that from 6pm onwards, Malaysia will be seen listed in the Beijing Olympic medal tally. After reading the comment, I am even more convinced that our achery team will be able to do it. In fact, they have finished third in the ranking round. So, it is not something impossible for them to achieve.

However, at around 5.45pm, when I am watching a news, I received a news that we have lost to the Italy team by merely 5 points. We did not even make it into the semi-final. What a waste!! It is kind of disappointed but as long as they have done their best, I think it is okay.

After the shocking defeat by the Italy team, I was suprised once more by the performance of another Malaysian tonight. He is none other than Wong Chong Hann. Actually I must said that he has done a good job tonight. Although it is still not to the stage of winning a medal yet, he has achieved something great tonight. He has defeated the defending champion, Taufik Hidayat from Indonesia in two straight games.

I remembered seeing his happy face when he scored his game point, he was happy, or if i could use the phrase 'extremely happy'. It is really something which Malaysian can be happy of. Not forgetting also, our shuttler couple, Lee Chong Wei and Wong Mew Choo. both of them are now in the next round. Mew Choo has made it into quater-final if I am not mistaken. Good luck for all the Malaysian athletes who are in Beijing, continue to bring us suprising happy news. All the best.

0 comments: