CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Hari Kokurikulum + Hari Kemerdekaan

Going to school today is not to go in to class and attend lessons, but to participate in the Hari Kokurikulum and Hari Kemerdekaan. It is an annual event for my school. And this year, I am selected to represent RELA Cadets in the marching performance. It was something exciting for me as only 5 are selected to represent each uniform unit. Besides me, the other four persons are Mark, Wei Shen, Yvonne and Jonathan. To make sure that we can perform well today, we have been practising since last Wednesday. Besides Rela Cadets, the other clubs that took part include Scouts, KRS, PKBM, Pandu Puteri, Leo, Interact and so on.

The climax of the whole performance is by the school prefects. They brought in the Jalur Gemilang and the flag of all the states and federal territories in Malaysia. Still remember during rehearsal, they always left out one or two states. Luckily today that does not happened. It must be because they have enough people to carry the 16 flags. A lot of the students clapped for them. They must be very happy at that point of time as what they have done has won the hearts of many. Overall, I think the whole performance is good.

'Tanggal 31, bulan lapan, lima puluh tujuh, merdeka ......,' this is one of the patriotic song that we have sung today. Everyone was singing from their hearts. Besides that song, another two songs were also sung. One of them talks about unity as the key of success. I think that it is something very true. Bersatu kita teguh, bercerai kita roboh. If Malaysia wants to achieve success and play an important role in the international arena, unity between all the races in Malaysia is a must. No one should say that they are a Malay, Chinese or Indian anymore but we should call ourself Malaysian. Remember, all of us are in a big family called Malaysia!

Ok, back to the topic. After all that, we went for a short break. After the break, the other performances took place. those performances include a sketch. Until now, I still do not really understand what it is about. Maybe because I am not paying attention watching it. haha. Anyway, the part that I think is the most interesting is when five persons representing the five prime ministers of Malaysia appeared on the stage. Besides that, they are also performances from the Taekwando Club, the first runner up of Malam Seribu Bintang and so on.

Besides all the performances, the presentation of certificates of appreaciation was aldo on today's agenda. All the prefects got their certificates. In the same time, the AJKs of all the clubs and societies are also given their certificates. I went up to satge to recieve the certs of Ping Pong Club. I let Soo yee to represent SPBT club as I do not want to create problems to the teachers who are arranging the certificates receipiants. After I took the cets for my club, I went back to my place and join Yih Yew, Su Wern and the gang. It was until I realised that no one is representing 5 Sigam is receiving the certs that I walked out and get myself prepared. Luckily, I am on time. If I am late even for just 30 seconds, someone else will be up on stage. I went up for the second time and the same person is giving the certs to me. wonder what she twill think about me. lol

The whole event ended at around 12.10pm. Went for Leo General Meeting after that. Improvements are seen in the way the new BODs is conducting the meeting. Hope that they can do better as there is still rooms for improvement.

0 comments: