CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Tahniah??Maaf??

Still remember what happened last Monday, I planned to go online in the afternoon (normally I used my afternnon to watch TV). Suddenly, Chneg Lu asked me whether I am selected for the National Service Program or more commonly known as PLKN. Before getting over it, Yih Yew sent me a link and asked me to check whether I am selected or not. I went to the link immediately just to find out that the page cannot be displayed. i tried entering it for many times but only find myslef getting the same answer from the Internet Explorer. I went online again at 7pm and wanted to try again. This time, Su Wern is the one who talked to me about PLKN. She was selected and I know that she was shocked and sad at the same time.

The next day, everyone in school has started to talk about the National Service Program. The most common question that a Form 5 student will ask his/her friend on that day is none other than "You kena?". Still remember Yoga came into my class before the bell rand and asked me that question. Than, alot of people asked me that same question again. My answer to them is I dont know as I have not confirmed about it yet. During the last period, students who brought handphones to school start checking whether they were selected or not. My classmates did the same thing although my teacher at that time is Pn. Azilah. Until now I still can clearly remmeber how Wei Shen screamed. He did not screamed because he did not get it, instead, he screamed because he was selected.

Before going back home, Mr Jacob asked me the same question again. After I have my lunch, I went to the PLKN website to check if I am selected or not. Sadly, the IC number checking list are still not out yet. So I tried using the SMS way. I sent the massage at around 3pm. Waiting impatiently and nervously for the reply. I really do not want to be selected as if I am selected, the whole year 2009 will be wasted. The reply came at around 20 minutes after the massage is sent, guess it was because too many people was trying to check their status. the reply that I got is as follows...

Maaf!! No.KP91xxxxxxxxxx tiada dalam senarai dipilih untuk PLKN siri6/2009. Jika berminat sila....

I just can't believe my eyes. I checked whether I typed the wrong IC number or not after that just to make sure that I being happy for the correct thing. After that, I went to my account tuition, everyone was talking about PLKN the whole lesson. Pn Pan has even stop teaching at around 5.20pm (the class is suppose to end at 5.45pm) as she knew that we will not be paying attention on what she was trying to teach. Everyone was busy checking their status and their friends' one as well. Mark checked again for me and the reply was the same one. Still remember one of the student's handphone which was used to check has sent back the same reply for 6 different IC number. All those who checked through that handphone were selected. What a coincidence!! I am still not that happy that time as the full list was still not out yet. That night, I went for my English tuition, 3 out of 7 of the students there were selected.

The next day, almost everyone in my class has already know whether they are selected or not. 17 out of 39 of my classmates were selected. Last Friday, the list was finally on the internet. I went and did a confirmation test. The results was negative. I will do more confirmation test to make sure that I am really not selected before being too happy.

There are two questions that I would want to ask you who are reading my blog.

1) Why do they use 'Tahniah' for those who are selected and 'Maaf' for those who are not and not the other way as most of the student do not want to be selected??

2) On last Tuesday itself, how much did students all over Malaysia spent on checking their status??

0 comments: