CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Region 4 Leo Joint Installation 08/09

I know I am a bit late updating about this event. It has taken place yesterday. However, my post yesterday was used to talk about the Olympic Opening Ceremony and I don't want my post to be too long until people lose interest in reading it. Ok, let the story begins.

I was not the earliest to reach Sri Sedaya School (the venue) but luckily I was not the latest(I thought i would be). Before entering the hall, I have had a short chat with the SU's Leos. The whole event started at about 2.20pm. The first performance was the lion dance to welcome the Lions. Then, the installation and induction of the new members and BODs as well as the key officers took place. There are performances between all these events. Overall, the whole event is good. The theme 'Zealous' is a meaningful one. I did not wait till the end of the whole event as i will need to attend something else after that.

It was finally the official retirement of the key officers as well the BODs for the fiscal year 07/08. Cheng Lu, i really kesian you as Kuan Yan left your present in the library. Darren, Shun Thai and Su Wern got presents from their juniors. I am sure that Su Wern was very happy to recieve the pendrive as it is something she has hoped for for a long time.

On that same day as well, I have passed down my post to my junior and his assistant, Vigneswar and David Kok. Hope that you two will be able to perform well and carry out your responsibility to the best of your ability. Vigneswar, remember my challenge for you!! haha. I have passed down the name tags of the past Community Service Directors to Vigneswar, it has been a tradition for us to pass down our name tags to our juniors.

Anyway, I would like to take this oppurtunity to thank those who have given me the chance to be one of the BODs of Leo Club of SMK Subang Utama and those who have helped me a lot when I am holding the post. Special thanks to Darren, Cheng Lu, Su Wern, Shun Thai, all the BODs, Pn. Kalwant as well as those who have attended or helped out in my projects.

All the best for the key officers and BODs of fiscal year 08/09. Do your best and bring the club to a new height.

0 comments: